Access Resource Additional Information: Objectives: • Learn how physician compensation is impacted by market trends. • Learn how a hospital organization is structured and how you fit into the overall picture. Resource Author: Brian Knabe, MD, CMP, FAAFP Dr. Knabe is a financial advisor at Savant Capital Management, Inc., and a […]
Start your job search with clarity of purpose by placing your priorities into one of three life buckets: needs, wants and dreams.
• Understand the differences between the three life “buckets” that help you organize your priorities.
• Learn how to categorize your priorities as needs, wants or dreams.
When it’s all said and done, how will your peers, friends, family, employers, colleagues, and others describe you? This exercise helps you explore the type of person you want to be.
• Define your life roles according to your vision for yourself.
• Create a document that you can revist periodically to evaluate your direction.
Your family’s happiness — or lack of it — can have a major impact on your satisfaction with the job you choose to accept. Before you choose, make an assessment of your family’s needs.
• Create a document listing your spouse’s and your children’s hobbies, community needs, interests, and desires.
• Identify areas for which you will require more information before making a career move.
Through a series of true-false questions, you’ll explore your preferences regarding specific situations related to various health care practice and market conditions.
• Gain insight into the types of health care markets and practice situations you might find most rewarding.